Finding the time to take a break and figuring out how to re-ignite your motivation can be challenging when running a business. After all, you are wearing many hats and there always seems to be a lot going on. You work harder and harder hoping one day you’ll be able to take some time off.
But is this making the problem worse?
At Biznostics, we believe that hard work is the part of driving a business forward. However, if you are always working tirelessly it is inevitable that from time to time you begin to feel flat and worn out of any motivation to continue on… and this will impact your productivity.
In his book ‘7 habits of Highly Effective People’, Stephen Covey talks about ‘sharpening the saw’. The idea is to take regular time off for yourself to recharge so you can improve your performance in business.
So how do you regain motivation for the benefit of yourself and your business?
The main objective is to make sure you take regular time off. This will enable you to take a break to reflect and enhance your motivation and ‘sharpen your saw’. It will give you a different perspective on your business and also enable your body to recharge.
The key is that you start otherwise you will end up burning yourself out.
Here are 3 different ways you can create time to sharpen your saw and maintain motivation:
- Start later one day each week. You could go to a coffee shop for a couple of hours or work from home. The key here is to put yourself in an environment away from the distractions of your business.
- Take a long weekend. The next step up would be to take a Friday or Monday off and go away for a long weekend. Getting away from your business is good as it can help refocus your thinking.
- Book a longer break (at least 5 days). There is a never a good time to take a break so don’t wait… book it anyway. By booking it you will find you will do the things to make it happen.
You owe it to yourself, your business, your customers and your family to sharpen the saw.
Try it, you’ll be amazed at the impact it can have on you.
P.S. Whenever you are ready here are 4 ways we can help you build and grow your business:
1) Download your copy of 3 Proven Tactics That Give You 5 Hours Back in Your Week
This totally free guide includes tips, time-savers, and expert advice on how to immediately claim back 5 hours of your time each week. Inside you’ll discover 3 proven tactics to stop time being wasted in your day so you get more done each week. To access the guide click here
2) Watch the Business Freedom Formula Video
In the video you’ll to discover the step by step blueprint we use to help small businesses create their version of business freedom. This could be simply streamlining your business so it runs more efficiently, increasing your profits so you have more choices or setting your business up so you can have time off without worrying that it is all going to fall apart. Click here now to watch
3) Book a 10 Minute Exploration Call
If you would like to explore how Biznostics can help you run and build your business, then book your 10 minute exploration call. On the call we’ll find out a little bit about your business and work out if and how we can help you. Book your call here
4) Join our Business Freedom Program
The Business Freedom Program is designed for business owners who feel stuck in the day to day running of their business and their business is not running as efficiently as they like. It helps you make your business much more profitable, much more efficient and much more enjoyable to work at. We are putting a new group together next month so if you would like to build a strong and successful business email us here with ‘Business Freedom’ in the subject line.