Finding the time to take a break and figuring out how to re-ignite your motivation can be challenging when running a business. After all, you are wearing many hats and there always seems to be a lot going on. You work harder and harder hoping one day you’ll be able to take some time off.
But is this making the problem worse?
At Biznostics, we believe that hard work is the part of driving a business forward. However, if you are always working tirelessly it is inevitable that from time to time you begin to feel flat and worn out of any motivation to continue on… and this will impact your productivity.
In his book ‘7 habits of Highly Effective People’, Stephen Covey talks about ‘sharpening the saw’. The idea is to take regular time off for yourself to recharge so you can improve your performance in business.
So how do you regain motivation for the benefit of yourself and your business?
The main objective is to make sure you take regular time off. This will enable you to take a break to reflect and enhance your motivation and ‘sharpen your saw’. It will give you a different perspective on your business and also enable your body to recharge.
The key is that you start otherwise you will end up burning yourself out.
Here are 3 different ways you can create time to sharpen your saw and maintain motivation:
- Start later one day each week. You could go to a coffee shop for a couple of hours or work from home. The key here is to put yourself in an environment away from the distractions of your business.
- Take a long weekend. The next step up would be to take a Friday or Monday off and go away for a long weekend. Getting away from your business is good as it can help refocus your thinking.
- Book a longer break (at least 5 days). There is a never a good time to take a break so don’t wait… book it anyway. By booking it you will find you will do the things to make it happen.
You owe it to yourself, your business, your customers and your family to sharpen the saw.
Try it, you’ll be amazed at the impact it can have on you.
P.S. Whenever you are ready here are some ways we can help you build and grow your business:
1) Follow us on Facebook.
Each week we share tips, tools and insights to make running your business easier. To follow us on Facebook click here
2) Download a free copy of our ‘Take Control of Your Time’ guide.
Learn simple strategies to stop time being wasted in your day so you get more done each week and no longer have to play catch up at night and weekends – Click Here
3) Download a free copy of our ‘How to Win More Business’ guide.
It contains 7 proven zero and low cost strategies to increase your sales in the next 21 days – Click Here
4) Schedule a time for a quick brainstorm session
If you are feeling stuck around any part of your business, we can jump on the phone for a quick call and brainstorm ways to help you move forward. You can book a time here
5) Work with us 1 on 1 and fast track your results
If you would like to help from us 1 on 1 so you can make the money you want and have the time off you want then book your FREE no-obligation strategy session. Together we’ll explore a step by step plan to get you there. Book your strategy session here